WITH BEN HIRST
Dry pasta | Egg pasta | Water based pasta
Ben Hirst will be demonstrating and you will be making and cooking three dishes: one dry pasta, one water based pasta made with semolina and a classic egg based pasta. Each with it’s won particular sauce.
The two and a half hour course will lead you through:
- The basics of making and cooking pasta.
- The classic bases for a pasta sauce.
- Which sauce goes with which pasta.
- How to ‘mantecare’ the sauce with the pasta so that the sauce combines perfectly with the pasta.
The recipes :
- Dry pasta : Paccheri with pancetta arrotolata, courgettes, sun dried tomatoes, and marjoram.
- Water based pasta: Strascinate with anchovies, roman broccoli and toasted bread crumbs.
- Egg pasta: Maltagliate pasta with artichokes, chickpeas, and ricotta salata.
The course is open to everybody
Theorical and practical lessons will be held at the Italian Kitchen Academy (Fontana di Trevi – Center of Rome) – Metro A Barberini.
- Payment can be made online by clicking on the BUY button for the course reference by credit card or Paypal.
- It is also possible to make a bank transfer to: CULTURAL ASSOCIATION ITALIAN KITCHEN ACADEMY IBAN: IT34G0542803200000000007918. Please state in “subject” the name of the course for which you are requesting the enrollment and the start date.
- There is the possibility of paying cash or by credit card, but only directly going to the headquarters of the Academy in Vicolo Scavolino 64A – 00187 Rome.